Contact Information: Office Address DAAD in Bonn: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Ms Cordula Behrsing
Tel.: (0228) 882-781
Fax: (0228) 882-9781
Details published on the website www.daad.de (English)
Population: A joint program of research grants (scholarships), the Association of Research Institutes the Leibniz (Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz) and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) - Leibniz-DAAD Research Fellowships - established in 2011.
Scholarships (PostDoc) provide an opportunity to prospective candidates of sciences, recently defended his dissertation, an opportunity to participate in research at the institutes of the Association in Germany in the following areas:
- Section A: Studies in the humanities and education;
- Section B: Economic, social studies and studies of space: space;
- Section C: Life Sciences;
- Section D: Mathematics, science and engineering disciplines;
- Section E: Ecology.
Grant for participation in the program stands out for up to 12 months.
Size of Grant - 1.840 EUR per month. In addition to this sum is given a monthly allowance to pay for health insurance (58 EUR). If necessary, scholar gets an opportunity to pass a two-month German language course.
Requirements for participants of the program:
- A high level of scientific results;
• The degree of PhD or its equivalent (dissertation must be protected by not more than 2 years ago);
- Excellent command of English. Knowledge of German is desirable.
Requirements for registration of the application:
All documents shall be filed in duplicate. Incomplete applications will not be considered. To apply, you must use the form "Application for Leibniz-DAAD Research Fellowships".
The application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Abstract of the thesis (maximum 3 pages)
- A list of publications
- Complete biography
• Two letters of recommendation written by senior colleagues in the same direction of research. Recommendation in sealed envelopes must be attached to the rest of the documents or sent directly to the office of the recommender DAAD in Bonn, so that they are received before the deadline for receiving documents.
- Copies of diplomas
- recent photograph (attached to the application)
• Test results confirming the level of English (TOEFL 550/213/80; IELTS: 6.0), received no more than 5 years ago.
- A description of the research project (3 pages).
- A detailed work plan (1 page).
When applying for participation in the program, please note that the DAAD transmits your documents and your personal information to the Association of Leibniz and related institutions. DAAD, the Leibniz Association and the institutions of the Association will not share your information with third parties.
All documents must be received by the head office of DAAD in Bonn, March 20, 2012.
Incomplete applications and applications received after March 20, 2012 will not be considered