Institute of Philology
We prepare teachers who anticipate the needs of modern education based on advanced methods, national heritage and global approaches.
We raise the prestige of teaching profession and act as a driver for the development of human capital.
Vision - 2025
By 2025, the Institute of Philology will become the Higher School of Philology - the leading center for training personnel of a new formation:
- carrying out scientific-educational process at the level of international standards, ensuring the competitiveness of graduates in native and world labor market;
- ensuring the integration of education and science on the basis of innovations;
- guaranteeing the creation of conditions for the development of human capital.
About the Institute
In 1928, the university had only one faculty, consisting of Physics-Mathematics and Linguistics-Pedagogy Department. In the 30s of the twentieth century the Faculty of Philology was opened on the basis of the Department of Linguistics, where 49 students were accepted. Such outstanding scientists-figures as A. Baitursynov, K. Zhubanov, S. Seifullin, S. Amanzholov, M. Auezov and others stood at the origins. At present, the Institute of Philology is a synthesis of classical and modern education, harmoniously combining Kazakh, Russian and Foreign Philology, Literary studies and Linguistics. There are scientific circles at the institute in order to develop the scientific and creative abilities of students.
Structure of the Institute
The Institute includes 5 departments:
- Department of Kazakh language and literature named after academician S. Kirabaev;
- Department of Russian Language and Literature;
- Department of Foreign Languages;
- Department of Oriental Philology and Translation;
- Department of Practical English language.
To organize the educational process in the educational building of the institute, there are:
- classrooms equipped with ICT tools - 45;
- language laboratories -3;
- computer classes - 3;
- reading room for 45 seats
- scientific centers -5 .
Personnel training is carried out at three levels of education (bachelor`s, master`s and doctoral studies) in the following educational programs:
The Institute of Philology is a real workshop that teaches language and literature, the art of the word and culture. The knowledge and experience gained here provide an opportunity for self-realization and personal growth, create prospects for disclosing creative potential.
Welcome to the world of bright, memorable, multifaceted student life at the Institute of Philology!
050010, Republic of Kazakhstan
Almaty, Dostyk аve., 13
Call center: 8 (727) 221 85 14
Psychological Services Sector: 8 700 976 89 97